Infinite Darkness of the Soul

The ever expanding works of Elizabeth Anne Easter. Poetry and musings of the stark reality of life.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Musings - Sex, Lies & Diapers

I am so tired... I used to have energy, and stay up all night and sleep all day. Now I am up late, and often, with my two-year old son. But I do not get to sleep late. I am up by 6:30 AM every morning - if not earlier. Having kids is hazardous to a writer's life. I used to crank out at least four poems a week, while in college and working. Now staying at home with a toddler, I am lucky to write one every two weeks.

I am feeling the stress of maturity in my writing. People used to compliment my writing style, years ago. However, my style has changed so much with age, realization of certain factors in my life, marriage, staying at home with a child, and the completely dysfunctional state of this country. Yes, I stress about this country, and count the days until we can move to Germany or Switzerland. I fear raising my son in a country where they pretend we are free, but apparently not free to curse or show nudity, report on what the government is REALLY doing, not have religion shoved down our throats, or be inundated with how the world was created by God. As though evolution is a lie conjured up by scientific communities all over the world. How about the lies conjured up by the author of the Bible? Or religious leaders protecting their investment in wars and the torture of Pagans throughout history? The biggest lie in the world today is in the form of a leader (to use the term very loosely) - a Republican with not even the same level of intelligence as his father. One has to wonder, does this make him more or less dangerous?

At any rate, I need to get moving on my writing. I have several short stories written in first draft form, but having time to edit and rewrite - that is the tricky part. I need to type up my collection of poems from all time - so there should end up being an interesting assortment of poems on this blog in the future. Maybe I should change the blog name to "Elizabeth: The Good, The Bad, and the Horrid".

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home